Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to do people personalize only 1 Word in e-book
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

How to do people personalize only 1 Word in e-book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nikaway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nikaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to do people personalize only 1 Word in e-book
    Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 10:56pm
Hello there!

First I apologize for my bad english, I'm from Brazil and speak portuguese...

I downloaded a e-book in .exe format, and I think is very amazing the technique from Author of the e-book ...

In the e-book have a internal page, is a webpage into it. That webpage have a simple form, that form asks anybody insert a name, a "Word", and later can click in the button from the form to download the same e-book personalized with that name "word" inserted.

That name inserted in the form is placed as URL and inserted into a page of that e-book.

See the form asks a "word" to personalize and download e-book:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11826717/off/ebook-exe-personalized.jpg

How I do it?

Edited by nikaway - 16 Apr 2013 at 10:59pm
I'm a beautiful Orange Girl, I'm working for Apple see me with love... I will get it someday... ♥
Sponsored Links

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 2:51pm
It is possible in  a crude way with Acrobat and forms but Acrobat forms will not reflow the text for different sized names. You could use another Adobe product, LiveCycle to create a dynamic form that has the text reflow for dynamically sizable fields. LiveCycle uses the XML format and can create a PDF but that PDF can only be read on a computer but not mobile devices.
nikaway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nikaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:29pm
How is possible to do it?

That e-book allows for example that:

I have affiliates for people but e-books in my homepage, the link of my affiliates is: www.mydomain.com/aff=affiliates

In my e-book I want than affiliates can input your own link affiliates without edit other content of my e-book.

Then... In my e-book have firts page says:

--------------------
"You can give more e-books as it <a href="http://www.mydomain.com/aff="alterable">here</a>

--------------------

Then, the distributors will can only personalize the word "alterable" by your ID of affiliates.
I'm a beautiful Orange Girl, I'm working for Apple see me with love... I will get it someday... ♥
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:25pm
Are you talking about using the web page to add the text to a PDF or group of PDFs and then downloading them? If so look at PDFtk for a server product that can fill-in a form field on the fly. You will have to program the web page script.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic