Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Hierarchy / Referencing Issue - stumped!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EllMit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EllMit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hierarchy / Referencing Issue - stumped!
    Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 10:43am

Hi All - I'm hoping someone can help me out please? (I've spent days scouring the net and trying different code to no avail!)

I have a form and I need to take the contents of an expanding table, concatenate it and then add all the 'rows' of text together in a 'Concatenated' text field (CONCAT Workforce). Hopefully below will explain:

The expanding table below:

Workforce5.JPG

Needs to be concatenated in the 'CONCAT Workforce' Textfield to display as:

Mickey Mouse Team 1 Widgets Brand Marketing Contact Centre Normal Business Hours

Donald Duck Team 2 Wingnuts Corporate Communications Engineering Extended Hours

I am fairly new to LiveCycle (and do not really understand JS) - I have some code in the calculate event of the text box however it does not seem to work for this table? The problem is one of hierarchy I believe as my 'repeatable section' includes an 'Add Details' hidden section that needs to repeat for every row. I think this may be screwing up the referencing for the code and I can't figure out the correct referencing (I've tried everything! ). It kind of works when I place the concatenated text field in the same subform however the text field also then gets repeated which is not desired.

I am struggling to reference each of the new row instances and also to combine into one text field? Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I have placed the pdf here as it would be very difficult to solve what I think may be a hierarchy issue without seeing the form!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgcoti8geta0a1y/EBIA%20Example%20Used%20for%20Forum%205.pdf?dl=0

Many Thanks

Ellis

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic