Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Help Create Interactive Word Puzzles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
allsopnigel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote allsopnigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Create Interactive Word Puzzles
    Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 2:00pm
I'm new to javascript but I'm also a fast learner. I would like your help to get a script or a template example that I could later modify to make an interactive PDF word puzzle page.

I'm open to all your thoughts and ideas for the best solution to this.

Thank you in advance! Smile
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 10:18am
You're going to need to be more specific than that if you want any help...
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Quote allsopnigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 5:59am
Okay to put it simple, I would like to make an interactive PDF word puzzle. I am open to all ideas to a solution that would make this very eye-catching and flashy. 

I know you could create a checkbox at the side of the word that can be checked off after it is found, but I was wondering if there was a way to put a line through the word or to highlight a word when a user finds it in the list.

Please tell me what you think?
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 9:11am
You can use an annotation of some kind (line/oval/or even a highlight, but that will be more tricky), hide it, and then when the check-box next to a word is ticked, show it. It will require a little bit of scripting knowledge, though.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Quote allsopnigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 1:05pm
Hey thanks for the quick response, and your wonderful ideas! Smile
Could you help me or maybe even better provide me with a template that I can then learn from or modify to create my own?

NB. If it's a just few scripts that would only apply to one word from the "PDF Puzzle" as an example, I would really appreciate that.

You can email me at workallsopnigel@mail.com
Thank you so much!

Post Options Post Options   Quote allsopnigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 1:45am
Hey can someone provide me with a script or sample? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic