Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

FPC_ExcelAddin cause an error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rawa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FPC_ExcelAddin cause an error
    Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 4:27pm
There cominity,
in our company we open excel-files in hidden mode and fill in a lot of datas before we show the file.
Is there a active Foxit Excel-AddIn I get a big crash. ((-2147417851 Die Methode 'Open' für das Objekt 'Workbooks' ist fehlgeschlagen))
There is a simple excample: uploads/3433/Foxit.zip
I has test with MS Excel 2010 (32Bit) on Windows 7 (64Bit)
It looks like a not handet error into the dll.
This is not only a problem on my computer. This error I has get in several other contrys.
Please help me to get a solution about this problem.
Yours Sincerely
rawa
Sponsored Links

rawa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 6:36am
Hello community,
can anybody confim this problem?
Is there a entry to hande or stop this problem?Confused
Greeting
rawa
albanomoura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote albanomoura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 2:28am
Hi Rawa,

I've tried to replicate your issue but I don't get the message you are referring to, the macro works fine for me. I am using Excel 2016, so it may be related to Excel 2010. Have you tried disabling that add-in?

Here is Microsoft's tutorial on how to do it:

Basically, follow these steps:

- Open the Developer Tab on MS Excel (If it is not enabled, follow this tutorial: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Show-the-Developer-tab-e1192344-5e56-4d45-931b-e5fd9bea2d45)
- Click on 'COM Add-ins'
- Uncheck 'Foxit PDF Creator COM Add-in' and click 'Ok'
- Close Excel and reopen
- Try the macro again

Correct me if i'm wrong, but from what you've explained, you are not trying to do anything related to Foxit (i.e print, save to pdf) products, but just getting the error from that specific Foxit PhantomPDF Excel add-in. 

Disabling the add-in should work for you. Let me know if it does.

If you wish to do other actions with that file using Foxit PhantomPDF, specify what you wish to do and I'll help you with that. 

Best,

Albano Moura
Support Engineer
Foxit Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic