Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Form field not editable on some phones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
primuspaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote primuspaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Form field not editable on some phones
    Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:59am
I am using cpdf (coherent pdf, a command-line utility for modifying pdf files) to add form fields to a pdf file. It works by using the -combine-pages command to place the pdf file with all of the text in the foreground and then another file, with no text but a few well-placed form fields, in the background.

In Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader on a PC, it ALWAYS works correctly with the form fields being placed correctly in a text file to be filled out. However, on a phone, it works unreliably. On one phone, it sometimes works, and not at other times (Marquee). On an Android Maxx, it never seems to work. The form fields are never available. If I send the file with some text present in the form fields already, it appears as uneditable printed text on the phone.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

On the phone, I use whatever previewer is built-in.

I should add that this does not necessarily seem to be caused by cpdf. Even the original file with form fields (the one not modified by cpdf) does not show the form fields on all of the forms. I tried the trick with making the text box input field red, and while it does make it visible on the phones that don't display it correctly, it is still not editable.

Edited by primuspaul - 04 May 2016 at 2:02am
Sponsored Links

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 8:01am
Try the Acrobat Reader on the phone.
primuspaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote primuspaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 2:33pm
Anyway to make it work without installing additional software onto the phone?
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 8:08am
No.
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 7:39pm
Not all apps on mobile devices can process Acrobat forms and few if any can process a PDF form created in LiveCycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic