Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Font degraded after background removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rahat-lukum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rahat-lukum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Font degraded after background removal
    Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 5:49am
Hello guys,
I'm sorry, I'm kinda new to PDF topics, I'm mainly a programmer. So, I can easily put it in wrong words. Anyways, in short - the problem is that after the background image removal all fonts look thin and weak. That's in Adobe Acrobat 11 and Reader. In Foxit and on the paper they didn't degrade.

Now in detailes. I've got a pdf file with tables to make forms and calculate values - +-*/ and stuff. This file was previously a Word document, converted using inDesign (not by me). And its main font was nice and solid Times New Roman Size12 black on white. The document had border-to-border background image (left side corporate bar and white in the rest part) as well as some parts of the page (like tab cells) had parts of white backgrounds. I removed all background images and put just narrow vertical bar at the left - because all these rectangles and main backgr. made the further design a nightmare. And then part by part I added more cell to tables, resized them, added form fields, scripts etc - but at some point I noticed that font had degraded a little - but though all pages of this document. It's not distorted but looks ill, thin, kindof greyish :) I keep a dozen older copies of the doc - so, I traced the problem back to the background removal. It looked just simple white, but when I move it in Acrobat here and there under the font, I see that parts of the doc with this background are ok, parts without it are getting weak. It changes a little because of the background. Again - in Foxit nothing changed, everything looks perfect.

This background image is a strange creature itself - when I tried to copy/paste it from old to newer version of the doc - it doesn't make any change, doesn't work. When I pasted it to Photoshop - the main large white part of it appeared as black!!! Damn - may be it's something related to opacity/transparency - but this I don't know very well. But it really does add some thicknes to fonts.

I'd love to heal that font using some Acrobat very-well-hidden command or by using some backgrond image that'd make it look thick and solid.

Thanks in advance for any comments, ideas!
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic