Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Find Hidden text in the PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gopal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gopal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Find Hidden text in the PDF
    Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 7:56am
Hi,

Can anyone tell me that is their any method/script exists to find the hidden text  in the PDF.

We use Pitstop to find the hidden text. But we need the solution in Acrobat itself to find the hidden text. Is this possible.

I am using Acrobat Pro 9 version.

Thanks,

Gopal

Gopalakrishnan
Sponsored Links

Gopal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gopal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 6:21am
Hi,

Can I get any help on this request.

Thanks,
Gopal
Gopalakrishnan
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 8:10am
Give it 48 hours before you give up.
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 10:55am
Define "hidden text"...
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
Gopal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gopal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 11:58am
"Hidden text" means, We have a paragraph text at the background, and a white layer with another paragraph text are place infront of the background text.

So when we see the pdf, only the front most text is visible. The background text (hidden) is not visible.

The problem here is, when we select the text using the "Select Tool" in acrobat, the background text is  selected. And we find it difficult select the front most text.

We have number of PDFs, where this kind of occurrence came in few PDFs. If we have the solution to find the hidden text in the PDF, then we can concentrate on the particular pdf only for deleting the background text. Otherwise, we have to open all PDFs to see if there are any hidden text using Pitstop selection tool.

Please help on this.

Thanks,
Gopal
Gopalakrishnan
Gopal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gopal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 1:39pm
Hi,

I am using Acrobat 9 version.

I have a pdf which has some hidden text. I am using Acrobat menu  Document -->Examine Document... to find if the PDF has any hidden text or not.  If the Examine Document... shows the Hidden text (1 page), then I remove the hidden text using Remove button at the bottom of the examine status window.

My question is, it is possible to do this task using Acrobat Javascript.

I am having more than 500 PDFs, so opening each and evert PDF and examining the documnet takes more time. If there are options in Javascript, please let me know.

Thanks,

Gopal

Gopalakrishnan
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 3:43pm
You could remove some of the data but possibly not all of the data. There is visible items like the metadata but there could also be references within the xref dictionary or other objects that might not get updated. Look in Help for remove hidden text for more information.

Acrobat Professional has the Acttion/Batch Processing and Optimizer features that will allow for automation of these task.

dennism33072860 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dennism33072860 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 7:39pm
HI,

I have the same requirement. Where you ever able to figure this out?
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:22pm
Not possible with JavaScript. You would need to write a plug-in.
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 8:50am
Did you try the "Redact" tool in Acrobat Pro ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic