Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

expand text field to next page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
syldania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote syldania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: expand text field to next page
    Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 1:27pm
I have a document which I created in Adobe Lifecycle Designer ES.   2/3 of the way down the document it has a text field which I have set to allow any length of text.  The document has several lines of text after this text field and I would like the text field to move those lines to a new page if the text field contains a large note.  Hard to explain.  Could someone help please.    I don't really know much about this product and I'm new to the forum.       Thanks
Sponsored Links

mmazal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmazal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 5:48pm
Okay, you need to make sure your form is 'dynamic' and not 'static'. Do a save as into 'dynamic' if you are not there. 'Dynamic' is what makes your document able to grow and shrink as needed.
Then your main page will need to be set to 'flowed'  [object tab, subform tab, content field]
Your text box height can now be set to 'expand to fit' [under layout].
You may have already done all of this. 
To get the text following the text box to stay together and move to next page if required, group that text into a subform and then look for the subform property that says 'allow page breaks within content' and uncheck that box to keep the subform together.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic