Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Encoding issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Encoding issue?
    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 11:52am
I posted this question in the Beginners forum, as I'm a beginner
But the question is not elementary.

Executive summary.  Text with random case (e.g. 'aNd') and a 'regular' font and size is displayed as small caps.  Caps and lower-case are both being rendered as capitals in a size a little more than the lower-case x-height.

I extracted the PostScript from the PDF and can't see anything that would do this.  How is it happening?

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links

karyncorrigan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote karyncorrigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 11:12am
Hi Adrian,

Your question is not basic and would require me to see some sample code. If you use a Foxit or Debenu product please raise a support ticket on the website including some code and we can help in any way we can.

Thanks,
Karyn
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 11:35am
Thanks Karyn.

The link to my original post contains a link to the document.  A forum member answered it there and I think has explained the problem.  No it's not related to your products, sorry if it should be but yours seemed the most active/best forum for PDF issues.

Adrian
andrewthopmson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote andrewthopmson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:52pm
If you are having the problem of encoding images then you need to select encoding ISO 18859 15 and the previous one like UTF 8 will not work. This problem was also happening to Epson printer support and it changed the encoding version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic