Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Dynamic Stamps using input dialogue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zartag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zartag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic Stamps using input dialogue
    Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 11:32pm
Hello,

I am very new to the concept of scripting and developing within the Acrobat/PDF space, so please forgive me if I am asking an obvious question or if I have posted in the wrong area.

I have recently learned about Acrobat's ability to use stamps with dynamic text that can be collected via a daialogue box when the stamp is applied.

What I'm not sure of is this:

Could such a stamp be used within Acrobat reader once it has been designed, or would anyone wanting to use or modify the fields in the stamp have to have a copy of Acrobat professional to do so?

We have a need for several custom dynamic stamps, but the dynamic data would have to be entered by the user at the time the stamp was applied and the potential users encompase a fairly large number of people, so buying that many Acrobat Professional licenses is not feasible.

Anyone insight into these questions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Nolan

Edited by zartag - 24 Jul 2012 at 11:34pm
Sponsored Links

dimitri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dimitri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:00pm
Hi Nolan,

A good resource that will answer your stamp questions and much more is the book "All About PDF Stamps in Acrobat and Paperless Workflows" by Thom Parker.  It is available at Amazon in both paperback and Kindle format.  If you are going to develop several stamps you really should consider purchasing a copy- dynamic stamps can be quite complex.

Hope this helps,

Dimitri
www.pdfscripting.com
www.windjack.com
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 10:58am
Stamps can be applied in Reader, if the file has the commenting rights enabled.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
zartag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zartag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by dimitri dimitri wrote:

Hi Nolan,

A good resource that will answer your stamp questions and much more is the book "All About PDF Stamps in Acrobat and Paperless Workflows" by Thom Parker.  It is available at Amazon in both paperback and Kindle format.  If you are going to develop several stamps you really should consider purchasing a copy- dynamic stamps can be quite complex.

Hope this helps,

Dimitri
www.pdfscripting.com
www.windjack.com

Hi Dimitri,

I have seen mention of this book several times, however the primary distribution channel seems to be Amazon.com, which doesn't deliver to Canada. Unfortunately, Amazon;.ca does not carry this book. Can anyone recommend any other distribution channels through which I can get a copy? 
zartag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zartag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by try67 try67 wrote:

Stamps can be applied in Reader, if the file has the commenting rights enabled.

The issue is not so much applying the stamp, but populating dynamic values within the stamp based on user input collected at the time the stamp is applied.
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 4:53pm

Look at acrodilogs for a tool that can help you. It appears this will only work with Acrobat X and below.

SSC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:35pm
I was here checking on another issue and came across this post. If you are still in need of multiple quantities of the same dynamic stamp, we do make a dynamic stamp with no licensing restrictions. You can install it on as many computers as you like. It is meant to be used with Adobe Acrobat and Reader. 

I am here to find out if our dynamic stamps could be used with Foxit, as well as Adobe Acrobat and Reader.
Can anyone answer that for me or should I search other posts. I certainly don't mean to hi-jack this post. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic