Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Dynamic Page Numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Keefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic Page Numbers
    Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 5:01pm
Does anyone know if there is a way to generate page numbers automatically and dynamically? I am using XSLT/FO to create large PDF documents and would like to save processing time by breaking it up into topics. Then rather than reprocessing the entire PDF document each time I need change a topic I can process only the changed topic and reassemble. I can think of a couple of ways to accomplish this in FO, but the fastest would probably be to use external-document, which from what I understand will not allow me to add other content (ie. footers) to the page. Which poses a problem in regards to page numbering if pages in any topic is added, removed, or reordered. So what I am hoping is that there might be a method (using JS | forms | watermark | comments | other) that would allow me to show the current page number (what is normally shown in Page Display) in a specific location on the page without incurring an additional process. If someone knows a way that this feature can be added to a PDF using conventional methods I will look into whether I can accomplish the same using my FOP. Thanks, K.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic