Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Don't display if another text field is zero

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrianG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrianG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't display if another text field is zero
    Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 3:58pm
I have two text fields, Text1 and Text2.  Both are formatted for numbers.  If the value in Text1 is zero, I don't want Text2 to display.  If the value in Text1 is greater than zero, I want Text2 to display.  Is there custom validation script I can use to accomplish this.  Thanks.
Sponsored Links

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:34pm
MattB12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MattB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 11:35pm
To ; gkaiseril

This question is off topic but I have followed your posts for quite awhile and you have touched on a subject that I have yet to be able to solve so I am hoping that you can assist. I have a dynamic pdf form created in LC where I have a need to validate if all required fields have data entered in them byway of a button (not a submit button as all I am doing is verifying that all required fields have data entered in them).

The type of fields that I have;
Text
Date/Time
Radio Button
Check Box
Drop Down List
Numeric Field
Expanding Table

If a button were to be pushed (Ok or Print) and certain required fields were left empty than only those fields should be highlighted along with a message box (app.alert) telling the form user that all required fields have not been filled out. If the button were pushed and all required fields had been completed than a message box should pop up telling them that all required fields have been filled out and they may now proceed by applying a digital signature. Until all required fields are filled out the digital signature box should be either disabled (viewable but cant do anything with it) or hidden and then becomes viewable after successful form validation.

There are many hidden objects/subforms which may become visible depending on user selections. When these objects and/or subforms are hidden they should not be considered a required field for this purpose.

Matt B.
MattB12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MattB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 11:54pm
I have tried to piece mail scripts together using what I have learned while creating this form, online forums and a few references.

really hoping that you can help.
R/
Matt
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 5:35pm
You can use the "On Blur" Action for the field Text1 and based on the value of that field set the "display" property of the Text2 field. Note hiding a field's value will not remove that field from any subsequent calculation using that field.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic