Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Document seurity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dxwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dxwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Document seurity
    Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:37am
Hi,

I've created a pdf document in acrobat 9 pro that contains 3 layers.
- 1st layer: Border
- 2nd layer: drawing
- 3rd layer: mark up's

In addition, there are forms used on the 1st layer.

My question here is, how to get this document to an released version so nobody can make any changes to that. Not in the form fields, neither move any markup's.
(Way how it should be: Engineering fills out the form fields and makes mark up's, production get's that released drawing and has no ability to make any changes to that file)

I appreciate any help...

Thanks.
Michael

---
Sponsored Links

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:44am
You should look at digital signatures. These do not stop editing, but they make it impossible to HIDE that it has been edited since the original was signed.

Stopping editing is not a solution to your security, if you do not use signatures! If the stakes are high enough, it is trivially easy to make a complete new file with the changes!
dxwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dxwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 1:14pm
Thanks aandi,

Do you know about a software that would merge these layers onto a single layer and hides all the fancy forms?
I mean, the only thing i need is kind of a "snapshot". But i couldn't use the snapshot tool because of loss of quality...

Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic