Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Document JavaScripts Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ErinSpre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ErinSpre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Document JavaScripts Question
    Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 5:32pm
I am a newbie when it comes to working with JavaScript in PDFs. Also, I aplogize if I have placed this question in the wrong category!

I have added the following code to the Document JavaScripts:

this.getField("Invoice number").value = util.printd("mmddyyyy", new Date()) + "_" + this.getField("Owner Name").valueAsString;

How can I get the information from the Owner Name field to show in the Invoice number field right after it is entered into the form? Right now it only shows after the PDF is saved and re-opened.

Thanks!
Erin
Sponsored Links

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:14pm
Place it also as the custom calculation script of "Invoice number", with this code:

event.value = util.printd("mmddyyyy", new Date()) + "_" + this.getField("Owner Name").valueAsString;
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
ErinSpre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ErinSpre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 3:14pm
Thanks for your help!
Erin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic