Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Detect Vector Images

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dawerj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dawerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Detect Vector Images
    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 2:25pm
Hey Folks,

For a specific usecase I need to detect whether a pdf contains only vector images, text, raster images, or some combination of the three.

I'm developing in python. I've gone through the kingPDF tutorial and I've written something that can so far read the raw stream, parse out all the objects, classify them into types, create a parent/child tree as well as dependency trees. It can also inflate the things that are compressed with flate. Decoding of the text using the character sets from font files in the doc is not quite there yet, only handles things that are utf-8 right now.

But I feel there must be an easier path. Are there any simpler ways to determine the class of an object or am I stuck with having to decode them all to figure out that information?

Cheers,
Dawer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic