Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Custom Calculation Scrip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tninja24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tninja24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Calculation Scrip
    Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:23pm
New to custom calculations..need help!

Need to do a simple division calculation, with the result being a percentage.  More specifically, I need to divide data in text field "Text1" by 8, and then show the result as a percentage.  Any support is greatly appreciated!

T
Sponsored Links

tninja24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tninja24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 8:01pm
Never mind.  I discovered I can compute the calculation using a simplified field notation rather than creating a custom calculation script.  In case anyone is curious, my simplified field notation is:

Text1 / 8

Additionally, you must check "percent" in the format tab to convert the calculation into a percentage.  Very easy.

Thank You!

zippidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zippidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 10:44am

Brilliant answer. I have been pulling my pubes out for an hour trying to get a percentage to display correctly. Thank you

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 4:05pm
That is fine for division by a non-zero divisor. If your dividend and divisor are field values and the divisor could have a zero or null value, you calculation will fail because division by zero will result in a value of "NaN" or not a number and throw a format error. Also division of a very small number by a very large number can through a format error since it is possible the value exceeds the displayable value for a 16 bit floating point number and is formatted in scientific notation.

Is such cases one must check the value of the divisor or the result of the division and this will require the use of a custom JavaScript.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic