Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Convert PDF to pre-defined .xls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bbironxp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbironxp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert PDF to pre-defined .xls
    Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:07pm
Hello,

I am looking for the best way to convert data from an editable .pdf into a pre-defined .xls spreadsheet.

Details:
 - The editable .pdf is an Application which users complete by completing the form.
 - The entire .pdf is broken into 14 actual files
 - The user sends the completed .pdf files into company for verification and validation.
 - Company has an excel spreadsheet which contains all the fields for the data supplied in the submitted .pdf.
 - Currently, Company workers manually transfer the data from the submitted .pdf into the pre-formatted .xls

So I am looking for a tool that allows me to define a source file (the submitted .pdf) and a destination file pre-defined .xls) then define: (ex)
  • First Name field on the .pdf goes to First Name field in .xls template
  • Last name field in .pdf goes to Last Name field in .xls template
  • Etc… throughout the remainder of the document
Adobe Acrobat does not have the functionality to map field to field during the conversion.

Any ideas on simple ways to accomplish this? Are there any 3rd party tools that might support this functionality?

Cheers
Sponsored Links

Rob Lyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob Lyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 8:48pm
One option is to use Acrobat to export the form data from the PDF as a format Excel can accept. Acrobat XI can export form data as either XML or CSV (text) data, which Excel can import. Depending on your needs, you may need to do some processing on the output from Acrobat before it can be consumed by Excel.

Rob Lyman
Software Engineer
http://www.datalogics.com
ni8.surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ni8.surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 4:29pm
Hi Guys, I am trying to convert the multicolor highlights I have made on a PDF book to excel. So what I am trying to achieve is an excel sheet summary with only the highlighted notes with 4 colors I have used while going through my studies. Do you guys think it is possible? Is there a program that could extract the highlighted text in the PDF and place it on an excel sheet with the colors I have used?
You guys can view a sample of what I mean in the screenshots in the link below.

Thank you, Awas

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic