Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - constant error messages and won't open files i had
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

constant error messages and won't open files i had

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
popo5263 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote popo5263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: constant error messages and won't open files i had
    Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:40pm
Hi,
I'm a novice mac owner - not techy

I signed up for a free (paid) adobe version for 30 days.  Now, the PDFs that I could open before this will not open.   I get this error message 

because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)

The files were downloaded directly from their web site and i had previously opened them several times. s
Checking my download files I got
!  unipdgf and got MZê
ˇˇ∏@ÿ  This program must be run under Win32

2. I have a file:  file://localhost/Users/jla10952/Downloads/cbsidlm-cbsi183-PDF_To_Word_Converter_Pro-SEO-10778794.exe

3.  that cannot be opened in DOS     "file://localhost/Users/jla10952/Downloads/cbsidlm-cbsi183-PDF_To_Word_Converter_Pro-SEO-10778794.exe

and so on.  I downloaded Adobe reader a couple of times thinking that might help

Don't know what to do - perhaps uninstall all adobe files (not sure how to do that…mac…and there seem to be these crazy files as above.

Sorry bout long explanation…Appreciate any / all  help…!

In Installer exec: some what i guess is code and message  êêThis program must be run under Win32

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:59pm
Your question is very confusing and unclear... What exactly is the issue? Is it with Acrobat? Reader? PDF files in general?

FYI: You can't run exe files on a Mac computer. Those are Windows executables.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 3:40am
You need to download the Macintosh version of Acrobat/Reader.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic