Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Combine Specific Pages to 1 File

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ptmuldoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ptmuldoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combine Specific Pages to 1 File
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 4:22pm
I'm hoping for a potential easy solution if one exists.

I have 100+ (monthly) identical PDF files.  Each file is probably about 10 to 15 pages.   I'm trying to combine just page 1 of all these files into 1 document.

I know I can manually extract page 1 from each file, and then combine all page 1's back into 1 file.  But is there an easier way?

Thanks
PT

EDIT....... Nevermind.  I found that you can manually select what pages, but do need to do it file by file.  Wish I could highlight them all in the combine window and choose page 1.  But at least I don't have to extract them all first to recombine.

Edited by ptmuldoon - 12 Feb 2018 at 4:29pm
Sponsored Links

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 6:25pm
There is no easy way. You need to extract each first page from each file into a new file and a common folder. Then you can combine all those extracted pages into one PDF. 

Note that there can be problems with the fonts when combining files that were created using different authoring programs and systems. The font names may be similar but the font metrics are different. This can result in the loss of characters.
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 12:04pm
If you have Acrobat Pro I can develop for you a script that will do it automatically.
Feel free to contact me to discuss it further.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic