Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Check Box Result Triggers a change in a different
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Check Box Result Triggers a change in a different

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
antd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote antd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check Box Result Triggers a change in a different
    Posted: 19 May 2015 at 5:01am
Hi,

Ive had a customer request a "RISK RATING" which is currently set to High Medium or Low be automatically changed depending on how many check boxes are checked in a previous part of their form.

From what I have read/googled/researched, it seems it may only be possible with Javascript... which is where my problem starts!  I struggle with Javascript.

What I am wondering is if it is possible to have a script that calculates a series of check boxes and changes the results of 1 of 3 checkboxes in another section (those 3 being High, Medium or Low).  It would be something like:

0-3 = Low
4-7 = Medium
7+ - High

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 10:56am
It's possible, but tricky, since check-boxes don't have a calculation event associated with them.
I would use a (hidden) text field to calculate the total number of check-boxes ticked and then use that value to check the "result" boxes, if you really want to use them.
If you specify the names of the fields involved I could help you with the script itself.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
antd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote antd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:16pm
Thanks for your assistance, the fields are quiet diverse (and a little sensitive) but for the sake of the exercise Ill simplify them as follows: 

PotentialHighRisks_Risk1
PotentialHighRisks_Risk2
PotentialHighRisks_Risk3
PotentialHighRisks_Risk4
PotentialHighRisks_Risk5
PotentialHighRisks_Risk6
PotentialHighRisks_Risk7
PotentialHighRisks_Risk8
PotentialHighRisks_Risk9

Then we have a Radio Button Group called "RiskRating" with three choices "High", "Medium" & "Low"

Does that help at all?

Cheers again. Ant.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic