Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Change field color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:24pm
Move all of that to the custom calculation script, and clear the Validation option.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:42pm
Why did you put the calculation in the validation tab?
Maureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 4:48pm
YESSS!!! It works. I did all the tabs setting the same as your example and it works!!! Thank you so much for your patience!!!
I'm just a "starter" with this pdf thing, but I like it and it's a form for a charity organisation. So I'm glade to help them out.

Now I want to achieve this:
For example : in fieldA is a value, e.g 180. In FieldB I is also a calculation, but I need to refer to FieldA. So if the value in FieldB is < then FieldA I need the color to change in red.

How can I use your script with the refence in it? It's abou the first part:
if (event.value<0). Instead of <0, what must it be?

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 4:52pm
if (event.value<this.getField("FieldB").value)
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 5:47pm
Validation scripts only execute if the given field is updated. You need to enter a value in another field or clear the field and reenter data.
Maureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 6:02pm
your're GOOD!! Thanks again. I had posted another question on this site, and got a reply from you. Just now I've the time to use that script. I will let you know if I can use that script
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic