Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Cannot annotate digitally signed documents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andrew_K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andrew_K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot annotate digitally signed documents
    Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 2:26pm
All documents are kept on server, I am a network user.

Before I accidentally changed a setting, all network users were able to add comments to digitally signed/certified PDF documents. The documents tracked those comments and recorded them on the log, for example "Digitally signed by User_1 on date; Changed by User_2 on date" and so on.

A few days ago a message box line appeared on the bottom left of my screen next to the taskbar asking something like "Would you like to automatically obtain digital certificates?" or something similar, I am not sure. I accidentally clicked "Yes". Previously I always simply closed this message box. The message box replied "The setting has been changed".

Since that time each digitally signed document is displayed with blue title "Certified by..." and all tools are grey on all network users' computers. No one of network users can comment the documents any more in both PDF-XChange Editor and Adobe Acrobat. Before we all were able to do so in both above programs.

It looks like I've unintentionally changed a network setting affecting all users. Please help me to fix this problem or find the setting which "has been changed" and change it back.

Thanking You in advance.
Andrew_K

Edited by Andrew_K - 18 Mar 2016 at 2:28pm
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic