Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I change digital signature lines in PDF (perso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Can I change digital signature lines in PDF (perso

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cbahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote cbahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I change digital signature lines in PDF (perso
    Posted: 09 May 2012 at 9:13pm

Can a PDF digital signature page (created in Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES, v8.2) be altered once some signatures have been applied? My work group has a document that took months to route and obtain 11 different work groups' signatures, but the 12th and final person is now gone. How do I substitute a new person's name for that final signature line?

Is there a way to remove the old person's digital signature space at the bottom of the page and substitute his replacement's name WITHOUT invalidating/removing all the other people's signatures higher up on the page?

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 9:16pm
I don't think so. Didn't the other 11 people sign off on a document which INCLUDED all 12 fields? Still, it must be a common situation, so I hope someone has a suggestion on how, administratively, this should be handled. Perhaps the replacement just signs.
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:34am
Or to put it another way entirely.... signatures are self-defining and do not need anything specific on the page. If someone put a list of names, this is of no importance, legally or practically, for verifying the actual signatures - the actual signatures have to be checked, not a series of marks on a page.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic