Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Buttons not active in Javascript Console

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lindaelise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lindaelise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buttons not active in Javascript Console
    Posted: 14 May 2014 at 8:34pm

Hello,

I am using Acrobat Professional 7 and I am trying to use the JavaScript Debugger but a number of buttons are not active.  They are "Resume Execution", "Step Over", "Step into" and "Step Out" buttons.  Also the Call Stack drop-down and the field below the Inspect drop down is greyed out.

I am new to editing external js files in the Acrobat JavaScript Debugger.  Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Linda

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 3:53pm

What OS are you using?

Acrobat 7 is rather old. You are aware that Acrobat 7, 8, and 9 are past their service life as established by Adobe.

It is possible that an OS update may have caused some issue with Acrobat 7.

Post Options Post Options   Quote lindaelise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 2:11am
OK, I have just purchased Adobe Acrobat X and I have the same issue. I am trying to use the JavaScript Debugger but the "Step Over", "Step into", "Step Out" etc. buttons are not active.

My operating system is Windows 7.

Please let me know if you need to know anything else.

Thanks

Linda
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:14am
Go to Edit - Preferences - JavaScript and make sure that interactive console and the JS debugger are turned on.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Quote lindaelise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:29am
I have done that already. Did control + K to get Preferences, selected JavaScript on the left and made those selections. Does it matter that I am trying to debug an external js file in the script window?

Thanks

Linda
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 11:24am
Yes, it does. I think you can only do that with certain supported apps. See the JS reference file for more info.

Post Options Post Options   Quote lindaelise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 4:32pm
Can you send me a link to the JS reference file that you are talking about?

Thanks

Linda
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 10:23am
Look here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:46am
Or, on the other hand, I've not heard of anyone using those buttons, that I can recall. What are you trying to achieve?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic