Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

batch clean pdf files from javascript etc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: batch clean pdf files from javascript etc
    Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 2:50pm

Hi,
I'm looking for a program that can batch 'clean' a directory full of .pdf files,
i.e. remove from the .pdf's embedded javascript (including obfuscated), onopen events, embedded activeX and flash items, and in a perfect world also blank any personal data/metadata,

keep text/graphics/fonts/layout, and also size if possible (recompress after cleaning?)

the pdfs needs to be unprotected to be able to clean them I guess,

since pdf files are one of the most common ways to deliver exploits I'm suprised this type of program is not easily avaliable 

(I've found one program that can remove one feature at a time (5+ manual operations for each file) and one software whos website that was blocked by my antivirus, and one 'free' software from private person website in .cn)

cost is okay

thanks

/H
Sponsored Links

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 3:48pm
If you have Acrobat X Pro you can create an Action and have it perform the "Sanitize Document" and "Remove Hidden Information" to do (almost) all of those things. And it will process multiple files, of course.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
Hero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 10:13pm
Hi,
first I'm super grateful for the reply,

I've checked and it's 1.9 gigs in size and it costs 449usd

so no,

any other suggestions?

thanks

/H

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 10:14pm
If you wish, I might be able to create for you a custom tool to do that.
Contact me at try6767 at gmail dot com to discuss it further.
Hero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 9:25pm
for clarification,
quick pdf tools pro can do this (manually, 5+ separate operations on each pdf)
verypdf.com (advanced tools) gets blocked by nod32 for malware when I try do download,
hellopdf.com is some private person (.cn) that offers programs to do this on his webpage,
not too eager in installing/running something unofficial.. =/

I'm thinking this could be done in a small .exe that calls some external known library like itext or even quickpdflibrary, (sell the program afterwards, I'll pay but not too pricey plz..)

/H
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 9:30pm
That's exactly what I had in mind... a small executable file (probably a JAR file) that uses an external library (probably iText or PDFBox) that could batch process an entire folder of files.
Like I said, we can discuss it further by email...
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 11:34am
Just to add to the pot (and FYI I work for Debenu the company that does Quick PDF Tools Pro...):

If the custom script path doesn't work out for you, I'm working on a new product to compliment Quick PDF Tools Pro which will be focused on automating PDF workflows... batch processing, watched folders, etc. It will eventually include most functionality of Quick PDF Tools and more. But it'll be priced around the $500 mark for a client-side license, so it's probably not going to be what you're looking for. However, if you or anyone else is interested just sent me a note at rowan.hanna@debenu.com and I'll send you a preview.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic