Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Basic Free PDF Editor -- Any Ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
student342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote student342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Basic Free PDF Editor -- Any Ideas?
    Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 5:29pm
Hi, I need to make a few basic modification in a PDF (such as deleting certain words or images) and I wondered if there is any free and reliable software that enables to do so, so that also after the changes the file will remain in a PDF format. You can assume that the PDF is not protected against editing. Thanks in advance for your help.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 2:52pm
Are you using Windows, Mac or Linux? The tools differ greatly depending on the platform you're using...
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 3:41pm
Open office org and the PDF editor extension.

Post Options Post Options   Quote student342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 12:00pm
I am using Windows. Do you have any recommendations for me? Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Quote student342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by gkaiseril gkaiseril wrote:

Open office org and the PDF editor extension.

Could you please elaborate? Is it an extension to Microsoft Office or I did not understand you correctly? I would appreciate if you attach a link to the software and also give other possible solutions. Thanks.
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 12:29pm
Open Office is a separate product, nothing to do with Microsoft Office, generally you'd use one or the other.

Post Options Post Options   Quote student342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by aandi aandi wrote:

Open Office is a separate product, nothing to do with Microsoft Office, generally you'd use one or the other.

Is it a free product (since I am searching for a free product)? Can you please give me a link?
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 12:43pm
Yes, Open Office is free.

Post Options Post Options   Quote student342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by aandi aandi wrote:

Yes, Open Office is free.

Can I edit PDF without downloading the whole Open Office file or I should download the whole big file (about 150mb)?
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 6:00pm

You download and install the full product. You will also need to add the Oracle PDF Import Extension so you can import PDF into the Write program, a word processor like MS Word.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic