Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Automation of capturing PDF data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snoopy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote snoopy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automation of capturing PDF data
    Posted: 18 May 2012 at 5:01pm
Hi, I'm new to the forum and hope this is the right place for this question.  Part of my job requires me to pull certain data out of PDF forms via the FFIEC website, which are all the same format just different companies and numbers.  An example of the PDF can be found at this link http://www.ffiec.gov/nicpubweb/NICDataCache/FRY9C/FRY9C_1203602_20120331.PDF.  Basically there are only a handful of numbers that I pull from each of these forms, but I do it for thousands of financial institutions.  Does anyone know of a program or any other type of solution that could make this process automated or easier?  Thanks for any help.
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 5:59pm
Since there are no form fields in the PDF you will have a lot of scripting work to perform to locate the page and position of the data and then finding the text within that location.

Have you tried to get access to the electronic data, I doubt this data is being mailed in on paper forms.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic