Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Arraylist or something better?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skowalczyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote skowalczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arraylist or something better?
    Posted: 22 May 2015 at 3:42pm
Help, please?

I've been thinking about the best way to accomplish this for hours.  I need advice.  I cannot provide the actual documents, but I will try to explain in detail.

Table:

Company Name, Company Code, Company Level, Company Branch
Row 1       ABC                  123                    456                 Atlanta
Row 2       XYZ                  987                    357                 Tampa

Form - Page 1:

Text Field - person enters a specific Code

Form - Page 2:

4 Text Fields - that will pre-fill based on the specific Code from page 1

I need to reference the code from Page 1, and then pre-fill these 4 text fields (on Page 2) with the appropriate data from the table above.

Example: If Page 1 Code = BBTPA, the 4 text fields (on Page 2) will pre-fill with the data from Row 2 (from Table).

What is the best way to accomplish this?  An arraylist?  Is there something else that would be better?

Thank you in advance!!
Sponsored Links

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:13pm
There are many different ways that this can be done in with JavaScript. But if you want a method that will allow the company list and codes drop down to update the drop down list when the form is opened and automatically adjust the code being posted to the other form, I would use an array or data object to enter the details and then use that object to populate the fields base on the selected item in the drop down field.

Post Options Post Options   Quote skowalczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:27pm
Thank you for the reply.  All the fields are text fields.  I need to incorporate the table information into the form, either by creating an arraylist or perhaps something better. 

Then, I need to check the code from Page 1, cross-referencing the code with a possible arraylist, then pre-fill the 4 text fields (on Page 2) with the appropriate data.

The text field value from Page 1 is basically the driving force; it determines what info pre-fills into the text fields on Page 2.

Thank you!
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:42pm
The tutorial linked to should get you started. There are 3 fields being updated by one level of the data object. And more elements to the to the level entry for the data object and you can add more fields. It makes no difference on what page the fields are located.
Did you download the sample form try it. Then try adding a new department and updating the department list in the drop down box and see how it works.

Edited by gkaiseril - 22 May 2015 at 8:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote skowalczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:45pm
I will definitely check it out.  Thank you so much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic