Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Announcing The PDF Litigation Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PDF Litigation Guide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PDF Litigation Guide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Announcing The PDF Litigation Guide
    Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 4:23pm

Hello.  I am happy to announce the official release of my new book, The PDF Litigation Guide.  This book is a 254-page, comprehensive guide to the advanced use of Adobe Acrobat in litigation, which I hope will be of great interest to legal users.  You can find out more about the book by visiting www.pdflitigationguide.com, where extensive information has been posted, including a downloadable Table of Contents and extensive FAQ section.  Please feel free to forward this announcement to anyone you think might be interested.   

As you will see, this book is NOT another re-hash of Acrobat's native feature-set, that tells you how to apply Bates numbers and perform redactions.  In fact, it’s the only source of its kind available to its intended audience, focusing exclusively on the application of Acrobat Professional (8-X), third-party plug-ins, and other common business software and utilities to perform litigation tasks that are generally considered either impractical or impossible without specialized, high-priced software.  Examples include email deduplication based on extracted metadata content, managing large-scale, multi-user redaction projects with a single Acrobat license, and creating a custom Excel database with unitized, linked documents to achieve functionality similar to Lexis' CaseMap.  And that doesn’t begin to scratch the surface.

Imagine a 2K page stack of paper, printed from a PDF with Bates labels already applied.  Then imagine throwing the entire stack of paper up in the air and gathering the documents back together from the floor in their new, random order.  How can you make your existing PDF match the random order (perhaps like the kind created each day by attorneys that refuses to work with anything but paper?), WITHOUT re-scanning and image degradation?  I’ll show you how!

The book includes detailed, step-by-step instructions, and attempts to accommodate both Acrobat newcomers and die-hard veterans.  With 116 full-color images and over 200 footnotes and extensive external source references, readers will be left with everything they need to know to get the job done for minimal investment, using many tools that are already available. 

I also address the price of the various software pieces, cover computer hardware in detail, provide strategies to sell a proposal to your firm, and describe how to integrate your new capabilities with existing practices.  I tried to cover everything a legal user would need to transform their skill set and set their career on a new trajectory!

Jason Covey
Litigation Paralegal
PDF Litigation Solutions, LLC
www.pdflitigationguide.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic