Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Adobe triggers not working correctly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nevyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nevyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adobe triggers not working correctly
    Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 10:20am
Hi - am new to this forum - seems the appropriate place to ask my question

I generated an interactive PDF using Phantom. I have a short script to enter the current date when clicking in a field. The triggers can be any of Up, Down, etc but I have used MouseUp.

This works just fine in a Foxit reader. BUT, when opening the form in Adobe Acrobat XI, the action only triggers on the NEXT click after my initial click in the date field, no matter whether this next click is in another field or in open space.

My code is :
var f = this.getField("RecvdByDate");
f.value = util.printd("dd mmm yyyy", new Date());

Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links

nevyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nevyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 2:14pm
It is working use Mouse Down. My testing was probably not careful enough. MouseUp does NOT work as expected but the others do. I wanted MouseUp but MouseDown will do equally well.
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 7:01pm
I usually use the Mouse Down action as this is the Windows default action for mouse selection. One cancels the action by moving the mouse out of the field.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic