Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Buddhika2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buddhika2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adobe LiveCycle Designer
    Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:24am
Im pretty much new to PDF form development using LiveCycle Designer and Im using LiveCycle Designer Trial version to learn the product.

Currently Im trying to bind data stored in a XML file to a PDF form.
I did set the XSD and preview XML files properly to the form itself, and when I try to preview it using LiveCycle designers preview option it displays the data, no issues.

But, when I try to open it using Adobe reader the data is not displayed. It seems the XML file is only being used at the design time.

My Question is :
How can I view the XML files data with in the PDF form outside the LiveCycle Designer (i.e: Opening the form using adobe reader or professional)?
Sponsored Links

Buddhika2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buddhika2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 10:37am
Found a work around for my issue. :)

I created a the form and as I explained in the question it shows the real XML data only in the design time, when I preview the form using Adobe lifecycle designer.

To view the data in run time what I did was I opened the form via Adobe Acrobat Professional. Now it does not show any data. To import the data from XML file I did,

select VIEW --> TOOLS --> FORMS --> MORE FORM OPTIONS --> IMPORT DATA --> select the XML file which contains data

This will bind the XML data to the PDF form. Now save it.

Now, whenever I open the PDF form from adobe reader/professional it displays the data of the XML file.

For me this solved the issue.

If anyone finds/knows a better alternative please post it.

Appreciate all your help. :)

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic