Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Add button to integrate with other app

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
terjeber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote terjeber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add button to integrate with other app
    Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 4:50pm
I have been tasked to find a way to integrate editable PDFs into a custom (home grown) CMS system. At the moment they are read-only, but the new requirement is that they be writable. This means I must be able to do a few things.

1/ Download a PDF from a server and change some meta info in that PDF. This should preferably be possible to do via C#

2/ Add a button to Acrobat XI that will save the document back to the server when clicked (C#/JS OK), so the code behind the button must be able to read the meta info added to the PDF and it must be able to get the "bytes" of the doc and push them over a SOAP/REST/HTTP interface.

For me, the C# docs are useless, and I am totally bewildered by the JS docs... anyone have a good idea or can point me in a good direction?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic