Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Action to Delete Redacted Pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnBullas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBullas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Action to Delete Redacted Pages
    Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 9:25pm
Good Evening!

This is probably a breeze for a big section of the users of these forums but I am still no further forward after a few hours than when I hit the buffers at work yesterday.

I have used Acrobat Action(Java/script)(s) doodads for highlighting instances of words in large PDFs for some time... I wanted to delete pages from a 1500+ page PDF where a word could be found on that page...

There is an action here: 

called "Extract Commented Pages"... supposed to be OK for X and XI... this looks like what I want, to extract pages from a 1300 page PDF of collision reports that feature a given text string 

I used to have an action that I think was based on a legal redaction script but it is filed somewhere! I have been googling around all evening to no avail.....

If you have already got an action that does this or a version of the above that doesn't give the error I get (see below - unable to import the Action.... The file is either invalid or corrupt) I will forever by indebted to your gratitude - it just needs to work, I can drive Notepad to change configurations etc.....

Many thanks, have a good weekend!

Dr B 

==

============================
Southampton UK
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 1:31am
Which version did you download?

There is one of version Xi and a different one for version X.

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBullas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 6:56pm
It looks like I downloaded the XI one BUT I can't find the X one....

Any clues as to where it might reside....?

Thanks

Dr B
==

Southampton UK

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBullas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 8:48pm
Just solved it for myself.... how STUPID do I feel?

(i) Download Extract Commented Pages Action (Acrobat XI Pro)
(ii) Download Extract Commented Pages Action Documentation (PDF, includes embedded Acrobat X Action)

https://files.acrobat.com/preview/7cd5ab19-aba7-40a1-a0e4-7eb26eb78178

The first was NOT compatible as it was a XI Pro script.... the SECOND is a Acrobat X Action embedded in the PDF and just what I wanted

it is called: Extract Commented Pages.sequ and is embedded in the PDF!

Will archive the latter just in case! 

Sorry for wasting anyones time..... PEBKAC!

Dr B
==

Southampton UK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic