Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Acrobat Replacement??? or...... HELLLLP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tamakai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tamakai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acrobat Replacement??? or...... HELLLLP!!!
    Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 9:37am
I am at my wits end!

I have been trying to fix this for weeks now and this is my last hope...

I work at a printing company, and we get 1,000's of simple Annual Reports (usually just black) around October each year. 
This is we process them:
1. Open supplied PDF In Acrobat. (We have Acrobat 7, 9 & 11)
2. Impose, 2-up, saddle-stitch booklet, then save document as "Company Name IMPOSED.pdf".
(we use QuiteImposing for this).
3. Print to Adobe PDF; in the print settings we have options for adding trim marks, designating it as Postscript 3 and having the screen line ruling as 175 / 2400 and lastly specifying page (plate) size. Then I push "print" and I get the imposed document with trims and file name to our plate size (450mm x 320mm). I save that doc as "Company Name IMPOSED ART.pdf".
4. I can then "save as" or drag and drop that file into our CTP hot folder, check it release the plates.
My problem is, for some reason I have Acrobat but the Adobr PDF Converter I print to either no longer works, or is missing the specs I need to change ie: 175 / 2400.
I have reinstalled Acrobat, I have googled till the cows have come home! alot of other people have the same problem but there seems to be no solution either with Adobe or Microsoft.
I have tried all the suggestions  to no avail...Cry 
Is there another program or plugin that will do the same for me?

Sorry for the long post... I am just losing my mind over this and this is the 3rd week?
Any ideas?

Cheers
Tamakai
Sponsored Links

Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 11:33am
Maybe you could try the helpline?
I had great assistance when I called for help with pdf problems and sometimes it helps to speak with someone at Adobe customer service directly.
Adobe telephone number 0844 545 7857 Or +44844 545 7857
Thanks
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic