Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Absolute Prevent Edit - Acrobat DC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lawguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lawguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Absolute Prevent Edit - Acrobat DC
    Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 10:39pm
The Javascript in the comment flattening action is: event.target.flattenPages();

Flattening should prevent removal of exhibit labels, highlights, annotations, text boxes, etc.  However, Acrobat DC with its "Edit PDF" tool allows these items to be modified or removed.  

Question   Is there JS which can be added after or in place of the above JS which would render a document impervious to modification, i.e., trully flattened?  I realize that you can set permissions to deny, but would like to do this as part of an action.  I looked to the optimize function but didn't see a solution. On that thought . . . is JS which applies a modification permission denial?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

Sponsored Links

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Lawguy Lawguy wrote:

Flattening should prevent removal of exhibit labels, highlights, annotations, text boxes, etc.  
Why do you assume this?
Lawguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lawguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:33pm
Simple . . . when I select the Edit PDF tool, <left-click) on a highlight, text box, exhibit label, etc after flattening, they can be removed and modified.  

Flattening, as I understand it, merges or burns the annotations into the document.

R
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 3:13pm
Yes, but you can change it like any other document content.
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:22pm
You can apply a security policy that prevents editing of the document, but even that can be easily overcome, and some PDF viewers/editors don't enforce it at all. Bottom line is there's no such thing as absolute protection, unless you're willing to spend a lot of money on achieving it.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic