Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

'\000' before every symbol in text in Tj. How?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
spongebob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '\000' before every symbol in text in Tj. How?
    Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 2:04pm
Dear community,

I try exrtact text from operator Tj. Now I have following case

(\000T\000E\000S\000T) Tj - in Adobe reader displayed as TEST.

In documentation from Adobe (PDF 32000-1:2008) I have not found description for this case. If content of Tj between '(' and ')', there are only examples with text, which not separated with '\000'. How can I know this case for extracting of text. Is there in anybody dictionary one element, which displayed, that all groups such as '\000' must be removed from content of Tj

thanks in advance

Edited by spongebob - 19 Sep 2013 at 2:08pm
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 11:18pm
1. All literal strings are of the form described in 7.3.4.2, which says exactly what byte values must result in the string from escape sequences.

2. These are not separators, they will be part of the glpyh code.

3. It will be a multibyte font, probably a CID font.

4. In extracting text, you cannot in general just pick out the characters in brackets. This is hugely oversimplified, though often you are lucky. See 9.10, and make sure to follow it in detail.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic